University Supporters Turn Out for Annual Alumni Alliance Legislative Day
Story courtesy of the University of Missouri Office of Government Relations, Legislative Update, March 5, 2010.
Alumni and supporters from the University of Missouri’s four campuses and Extension converged on the Capitol March 2 to visit with legislators and encourage support for the university’s legislative priorities.
Alumni from various campuses invited legislators to mix and mingle in the morning, then gathered in the rotunda to hear from UM System President Gary Forsee and Gov. Jay Nixon. Supporters also visited legislators throughout the day and encouraged support for the operating budget, capital projects, Access Missouri and other priorities.
Several displays in the Third Floor Rotunda featured university programs and initiatives related to science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
The night before, the university honored six alumni and friends for their support of the University of Missouri System. The awards were presented by UM System President Gary Forsee at a dinner in Jefferson City.
· Outstanding Alumni Service to the University of Missouri System: Gov. Jay Nixon
· Outstanding Alumni Service to the University of Missouri-Columbia: Sen. David Pearce
· Outstanding Alumni Service to the University of Missouri-Kansas City: Dr. Cameron Lindsey
· Outstanding Alumni Service to Missouri University of Science and Technology: Delbert Day, Ph.D.
· Outstanding Alumni Service to the University of Missouri-St. Louis: Chris L. Nicastro, Ph.D.
· Outstanding Alumni Service to Missouri Extension: Jim Snider
To read more about each recipient, click here.
Top: Don Hiatte, Don Flora, Senator David Pearce (front),Todd McCubbin (back), Doug Crews and Jim Gwinner at the Alumni Alliance Dinner.
Bottom: Wally Pfeffer with Speaker of the House—Ron Richard.
For more photos from Legislative Day, click here.