Click on the thumbnail to view the full-sized image.

Photo Album Name: Learn about the life and adventures of an MU senior.

You are on page 1 of 2. Showing album 1 - 24.

Hey mom look at me!! While we were at the zoo, Josh really wanted to go to the sea lion show. I indifferently tagged along. Just as we walked up to the sea lion pool, they announced that any one who wanted a kiss from one of these adorable creatures should step right up and get in line! So, my indifference quickly turned into excitement as I got in line. Anywho..here’s the picture. I was instructed to keep my hands behind my back and make sure not to touch him. I assume he may have gotten scared  
To add to the discomfort, the air conditioner was not working properly. At one point the flight attendant came by and gave people whatever drinks she had with one ice cube (there was no more ice). 

So, what do you do when you’re bored and stuck on a hot plane for two and a half hours? Well, my roommate and I took goofy pictures. Here’s one.  
The Shell Norco Complex consists of two entities. There is the refinery owned by Motiva Enterprises and the chemical plant owned by Shell Chemical Company. Both are subsidiaries of Shell. At this complex, sweet crude extracted from deep down in the earth is processed into many of the products we enjoy every day. This petrochemical plant is essentially one huge kitchen. Pictured above is a catalytic cracker (cat cracker), a unit that is part of the Motiva Refinery. This unit plays an essential pa  
This week Shell treated its interns to the first of many orientation days. The Louisiana interns were treated to a day off of work and various activities at the lovely Royal Sonesta Hotel on Bourbon Street in New Orleans. It was quite lovely.   
Here is a photo of my roommate and I on the patio of the Royal Sonesta Hotel. It was beautiful and serene.  
Over the weekend another intern and I decided to go to the famous Copeland's Cheesecake Bistro. It was delicious as usual. Copeland's never lets me down. And the cheesecake ... to LIVE for!!! She and I had a great time. Then she had car trouble ... so we cut our night short and just went to check out a movie. The next day was less exciting. I had to wake up for INROADS intern training on a Saturday morning. But I do enjoy the other interns. Some of them are quite a hoot!  
This summer, my internship is very involved. I am receiving meaningful assignments and everyone is helping me so much. My job gets more exciting each day. I had a busy week and one of the projects I am working on is regarding the pump pictured above. Basically the control valve is closing prematurely. The pump is pumping out condensate that comes from a vessel not pictured above. When the level in the vessel reaches a certain point, a signal is sent to the control valve causing it to close. Beca  
After the fireworks were finished, we headed down to the Hard Rock Café for a bite to eat. We all had long days and were hungry beyond belief. We decided the most interesting thing to take a picture with was the get-up displayed in the picture. It was worn by a member of Kiss back in the band’s heyday.  
After I got back in town on Monday evening, my roommate and I, along with one of our friends, went down to the New Orleans Riverwalk to watch the fireworks. The Riverwalk is a stretch of stores and restaurants along the Mississippi River. The show was short but sweet. Here’s a lovely shot of some of the fireworks.  
Here is a photo I took with Stephen (one of the people I went to the concerts with that night).  He’s a good friend of mine that I met last year interning at Shell. He flew in that morning just for the festival. We had a great time! We stayed out all night and flew our separate ways the next morning. We both went home to our families to visit for the 4th of July weekend.  
There were quite a few performers on various stages Friday night. Some of the artists performing included Alicia Keys, John Legend, Lyfe Jennings, The Roots and Vivian Green. Unfortunately, I was never close enough and with a clear enough shot to get any really good pictures of any of the acts. Above is the best shot I got of anyone. It’s a picture of the lead rapper of the Roots. They gave a great show! The band is so good that you can’t help but dance. Their energy was contagious. I saw about   
On Friday, I had the pleasure of attending the first night of the Essence Music Festival. The Essence Music Festival is an annual event held in the New Orleans Superdome. It’s an entire weekend of music, food and good times hosted by Essence magazine and Coca-Cola. This year happens to mark the 35th anniversary of Essence magazine. Hence, the picture above. If you can’t tell, this is a picture of a neon sign made to look like a face. I thought it was cool how they made the face look like a 3 and  
After we left the restaurant, we decided to take a picture of ourselves. It was a tight squeeze (poor Adria..her arm was outstretched pretty far). It took a few shots but we finally got everyone in there.  
On Tuesday, my girls and I decided to go out for sushi and hibachi. I’ve never had hibachi so I was thoroughly excited! The chef really made cooking exciting! I really enjoyed the volcano (the onion he set on fire) but I couldn’t get a good picture of it. So, here is the best I could do.  
One suggestion that I am glad I took heed of was to wear rubber boots. The water was too shallow for the boat to drop us off on the sandbar so we had to wade in the water to get there. Here is an unhappy picture of me stuck in the mud.  
This week I participated in my second Shell intern event. Throughout the summer all the Shell interns in Louisiana will be participating in 5 different group activities to help give us a broader view of Shell as a whole. This past week we participated in an all day community service event. We rode down to the Gulf coast of Louisiana to Port Fourchon. There, we took part in one of Shell’s many community outreach programs. Shell helped sponsor the building of the sandbar you see us standing on.  U  
Later that night when we finally decided we'd had enough, we were walking back to our cars when it decided to rain. No, I take that back, downpour. So we rushed into the closest open shop. It was a souveneir shop full of Mardi Gras attire. A couple of the girls put on Mardi Gras masks. Of course I had to be different. At the last minute I decided to put on some strange beaded head dress. I liked it because I felt like a princess!   
This weekend, I went out with some new friends I made since moving to New Orleans. We went out to this indoor/outdoor club.  In the French Quarter, a lot of places have a patio and a semi-indoor dance floor. This is one of those places. It was pretty fun, but after a while it got old, and we moved on to the next venue.  It was quite a night. One of the girls had a wardrobe malfunction ... she broke her flip flop. It was quite a feat trying to find a flip flop on Bourbon Street so she went home t  
This week I had the pleasure of doing something I've never done before ... go to the circus! Crazy as it sounds, but yes I, Brandi Drew, of sound heart and mind, aged 20 years 10 months and 22 days had not ever attended the greatest show on earth until this past Wednesday. It was great! Well, I didn't enjoy the animal tricks because I feel sorry for them. It's not like they volunteer for their jobs. Day in and day out they're performing for giddy little children and their parents (and, of course  
Pictured here are the girls seated at my table at the intern event. We had to do a couple of projects together. All in all, it was a great event.  
The lock on this gate was put on upside down so as to “confuse the spirits.” Apparently, some of the superstitious of New Orleans believed that if you put the locks on upside down, that the spirits wouldn’t know how to get into your residence….riiighhht.  
After passing through the Riverwalk, we headed on to the French Quarter. Along the way a “street performer” stopped Josh. I told him to ignore the man and keep moving so as not to be hustled out of his money. However, not being familiar with the area and the tricks people pull, Josh decided to stop and talk to the man. The “street performer” proceeded to inform him of his talents and told Josh, “I bet I know where you got those shoes.” My comrade replied, “Where?” Now, keep in my mind, I told hi  
On Sunday, after the City Park and the Aquarium visits, we walked along the New Orleans Riverwalk. The Riverwalk is a paved and landscaped stretch that..you guessed it..runs along the river. It connects a mall, restaurants, the Audubon Aquarium, and other shops and statues in one stretch of tourists’ kryptonite. It’s right across from Harrah’s Casino, the World Trade Center, and a hop, skip and a jump away from the French Quarter (our next stop). This is a picture of one of the 2 hour cruises th  
In true New Orleans fashion, it was hot and muggy on Sunday. So, after we got tired of sweating at the City Park, we decided to enjoy some air conditioned tourist activities. We headed on to the Audubon Aquarium. We saw some pretty cool things and got to pet a Nurse Shark, some starfish and a sea urchin. Here is a picture of a very familiar fish. The whole tank was full of “Finding Nemo” fish. Most were clownfish (like Nemo) and there was one in particular that was hard to get a photo of:  the s  
Page: 1 2

Looking for
an old
study buddy?

Go to: 
Alumni Directory
Networking Options
Find a Group
Tiger Locator

Support | Site Map | Links | Disability Resources | Privacy Policy | Partners